Model GW Instek GW-GDS-2072A
Digital Storage Oscilloscope - 70 MHz - 2 Channels - 2 GSa/s - 2 Mpoints Memory Length
- 70MHz Bandwidth
- 2 Input Channel
- 2GSa/s Real-time Sampling Rate and 100GSa/s Equivalent Time Sampling Rate
- 2Mega Points Record Length
- 1mV /div to 10V/div of Vertical Range
- 1ns/div to 100s/div of Time Base Range
- 80,000 wfm/s of Waveform Update Rate
- 8 inch 800*600 High Resolution TFT LCD Display
- Built-in Segmented Memory and Waveform Search Functions to Optimize the Efficiency of Record Length
- Zoom Window and Play/Pause can Rapidly Navigate the Waveforms
- 36 Automatic Measurement Functions Offers Various Measurement Selections
- Optional 8 or 16 digital channel with Logic analyzer(MSO)
- Optional Function Generator
- Flexible Remote Control Connectivity(Standard:USB ;Option:LAN/GPIB)
- Upgradable CAN/LIN bus analysis ,Advanced Logic ,Datalog ,DVM and H-expansion functionalities
- 3 Years Warranty
The GW Instek GW-GDS-2000A Series Digital Storage Oscilloscope offers 2 and 4-channel configurations and wide bandwidth selections, including 300MHz, 200MHz, 100MHz and 70MHz. Each model provides 2GSa/s maximum real-time sampling rate and 100GSa/s high-speed equivalent-time sampling rate. Equipped with an 8-inch 800 x 600 high-resolution TFT LCD display, 1mV/div to 10V/div vertical range and 1ns/div to 100s/div time base, the GW-GDS-2072A is able to faithfully display waveforms of complicated and obscure signals.
The GW Instek GW-GDS-2072A provides 2Mega point record length, and Waveform Search and Segmented Memory functions as standard features. The events of interest can be captured and saved into the Segmented Memory, which can be divided into 2048 sections, for observation, while the irrelevant waveforms can be ignored. Consequently, the overall efficiency of memory usage can be enhanced. Under Waveform Search mode, after the input signal is triggered, the GW-GDS-2072A is able to Search and Mark the waveform sections, which comply with user-defined search condition and threshold level within the whole memory. Meanwhile, with Zoom window and Play/Pause button to scroll through whole displayed waveform, the user can rapidly navigate all the waveforms in an efficient way. The waveform update rate of 80,000wfm/s enables users to accurately acquire and examine inrush signals and elusive glitches without missing any detail. Attributed to the advanced signal processing technique, VPO (Visual Persistence Oscilloscope), the grayscale display of waveforms shown on GW-GDS-2072A distinguishes the signals from one another according to their occurrence frequencies respectively.
The GW Instek GW-GDS-2072A provides the flexibility of easy conversion from a DSO into a MSO (Mixed Signal Oscilloscope) under a plug-and-play concept. Two plug-in compartments are available in the rear panel to accommodate various plug-in modules, the GW-GDS-2072A DSO with an 8 or 16 digital channels module performs MSO functions perfectly with user’s being able to install the modules. The analysis and decoding functions of parallel bus and serial bus such as I2C, SPI, and UART are supported after the module is installed. GW-GDS-2072A is regarded as an effective tool in signal analysis, problem diagnosis and debug. The plug-in module of DDS (Direct Digital Synthesis) based function generator is provided as an option. The function generator is able to generate Sine, Triangle and Square waveforms, with variable duty cycle of the square waveform. Two function generators can be used at the same time to provide dual output signals. With this stimulus source, the verification of electrical characteristics and functionality of the DUT (Device Under Test) can be performed by one DSO.
In the system and circuit development, engineers spend most of their time and resource on diagnosis and troubleshooting with a DSO. In many cases, only a small part of waveform data is of real concern. Consequently, the efficiency of memory space utilization has been raised - if the DSO only processes the waveforms of interest and ignores the irrelevant ones -, this means more data can be processed within the 2Mega memory. GW Instek GW-GDS-2072A possesses advantages of Segmented Memory as mentioned above. When being activated, the 2M memory is divided into a number of segments specified by the user. According to the trigger condition, 1k point data will be stored in each segmented memory. The maximum amount of segments is up to 2,048 with 8ns resolution. This is useful for analyzing the serial bus decoding, pulse, jitter glitch, runt, and inrush waveforms. Repeatedly press the Play/ Pause button key can play the segment from the first to the last, and as well as pause and replay backwards. Controlling the Variable scrolling knob facilitates the playing speed; therefore, the users can make a swift jump to one particular segment among all. Moreover, Segment Analysis can be used for statistical analysis.
Scope of Delivery:
- GW Instek GW-GDS-2072A Digital Storage Oscilloscope
- Power Cord
- Quick start guide
- User Manual CD
- GTP-070A-4:70MHz(10:1/1:1) Switchable passive probe for GW-GDS-2072A (One per channel)
- Calibration Certificate
Available Options (not included):
- DS2-LAN: Ethernet & SVGA output
- DS2-GPIB: GPIB Interface
- DS2-FGN: DDS Function Generator
- DS2-16LA: 16-Channel Logic Analyzer includes 16 Channel Card (GLA-16) & Probe (GTL-16LA)
- DS2-08LA: 8-Channel Logic Analyzer : includes 8-Channel Logic Card (GLA-08) & Probe (GTL-08LA)
Optional Accessories (not included):
- GRA-420: Rack Adapter Panel
- GAK-003: 50 Ohm Impedance Adapter
- DS2-FH1: Module extension bay & USB Type A to Type A/B cable
- GSC-008: Soft Carrying Case
- GTL-232: RS-232C 9-pin, F-F Type, null modem, 2000mm
- GTL-246: USB 2.0, A-B Type, 1200mm
- GTL-248: GPIB Double Shielded, 2000mm
- GTL-251: USB-GPIB Adapter, GPIB-USB-HS, USB 2.0, Hi-Speed USB compliance, 2000mm
- GDB-03: Oscilloscope Education & Training Kit
- Current Probes
- GCP-005: 40Hz ~ 1kHz, 5A
- GCP-020: DC ~ 100KHz, 10A,
- GCP-100: 40Hz ~ 10KHz, 20A
- GCP-530: DC ~ 50MHz, 30Arms
- GCP-1030: DC ~ 100MHz, 30Arms
- Power Supply for Current Probes
- GCP-206P: 2 Channel Power Supply for GCP-530/1030
- GCP-245P: 4 Channel Power Supply for GCP-530/1030
- High Voltage Differential Probes
- GDP-025: 25M
- GDP-050: 50M
- GDP-100: 100M
- GTP-033A: Oscilloscope Probe, 35MHz 1:1 Passive Probe, BNC(P/M)
Founded in 1975, Good Will Instrument Co., Ltd was the first professional manufacturer in Taiwan specializing in electrical test & measurement instruments. GW Instek began as a manufacturer of power supplies and quickly expanded into the development of high precision electronic test and measurement instruments.
After decades of experience in the test and measurement industry, GW Instek has grown to become one of the important manufacturers and developers of test and measurement instruments worldwide. Today GW Instek has more than 300 product items, ranging from oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal sources, basic test & measurement instruments to video surveillance systems. GW Instek has also seen its present growth internationally. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, GW Instek has subsidiaries in mainland China, America, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Europe, and India; its products are sold to more than 80 countries worldwide.
With a strong focus on high quality, economical measurement solutions for the educational and industrial manufacturing markets, Good Will Instrument has developed a solid brand image and reputation for reliability, integrity and innovation. From its inception, GW Instek has dedicated itself to becoming a professional electronic test and measurement designer and manufacturer, resulting in a number of national awards and the trust of customers world-wide; In 1993 Good Will Instrument became ISO 9002 accredited and the following year won the Highest Honor of National Outstanding SMEs (small and medium enterprises) Award from the Taiwanese Ministry of Economic Affairs. In 2000, Good Will Instrument went public on the Taiwan Stock Exchange.
GW Instek has been a byword for quality electronic test & measurement instruments due to its decades of experience in R&D, marketing and manufacturing. GW Instek's reputation has been built upon the philosophy of integrity, quality, and creativity as well as the accumulation of years of experience. Focusing on the improvement of R&D, manufacturing and marketing competitiveness, GW Instek will continue to be one of the most reliable, trusted brands creating the highest value for customers.