Model Marvin Test Solutions: MV-GX7010C
20 Slot, 6U PXI Chassis for use with PXI Remote Controllers
- 20 slots supporting one 6U or 3U (embedded or remote) PXI controller and 19 PXI or cPCI instruments (3U or 6U)
- for use with PXI Remote Controllers
- Integral Smart functions provide per slot temperature monitoring, system power supply monitoring, and PXI trigger mapping
- 850 W system power supply
- High power configuration for GX5960 and GX5055 digital subsystems
- Optional cable tray, recessed instrumentation, cable routing openings on top & bottom, and hinged front panel for mass interconnect devices
- UUT interfacing options
The Marvin Test MV-GX7010C is a high-performance 20-slot PXI chassis that can accommodate up to 19 instruments as well as a PXI controller (an embedded CPU or a PXI bus expander interface such as the MXI series). The 6U form-factor provides the necessary real estate to accommodate high performance and high-density test instrumentation, while offering the flexibility of being able to use 3U PXI and cPCI instruments as well.
The MV-GX7010C provides forced-air cooling which is generated by four (4) 52 CFM fans mounted under the card cage — providing positive airflow per the PXI specifications. This configuration provides the optimum cooling for the chassis regardless of the type or number of instruments used. Additional cooling is provided for the power supplies.
The MV-GX7010C Smart Chassis supports the monitoring of slot temperatures and system power supply voltages as well providing the ability to program or map each PXI trigger line from one PCI segment to another. In addition, the user can program the temperature monitoring function for specific warning and shutdown limits as well as monitor / control fan speed. All user specific setups can be stored in non-volatile memory as a user configuration and can be used as the default setup for normal chassis operation.
The Marvin Test MV-GX7010C 20 Slot, 6U PXI Chassis supports mass interconnect interfaces from several manufacturers including Virginia Panel, MacPanel, ITT Cannon, and others via the GX7500 Universal Receiver Interface.
Slot 1 is dedicated to the system controller (embedded or remote, using a PXI bus expander). A PXI Star Trigger Controller or any PXI or cPCI instrument can be used in slot 2. Slots 3 - 15 support the PXI Star Trigger and any PXI or cPCI instrument. Slots 16 - 20 accommodate PXI or cPCI instruments without the Star Trigger.
Scope of Delivery:
- Marvin Test Solutions MV-GX7010C: 20 Slot, 6U PXI Chassis for use with PXI Remote Controllers